* Graduated from Sheridan College’s Bachelor of Arts in Animation program in 2014
* Graduated from Sheridan College’s Art Fundamentals program in 2010
* Recipient of the Shaw Media Award as well as the Pipeline Studios Scholarship for Excellence and Outstanding Student Achievement
March 2018 - Present
* Directed the art and animation behind the Breathing Space music video
* My work has been accepted by over a dozen film festivals and received multiple "Best Music Video" awards
Senior Animator, DHX Media
June 2014 - February 2018
* Worked on character animation for multiple TV productions including Inspector Gadget, Space Ranger Roger, Little People, and Wishenpoof
* Trained multiple junior animators in the art of animation to prepare them for working on my team
Animator, Chuck Gammage Animation Studio
May 2013 – August 2013
* Worked on multiple commercial productions for television, this work consisted mostly of character animation, as well as modelling, rigging, texturing, and rendering
* Modelled layouts and props that were blended with hand drawn animation as well as live action clips
August 2010 - Present
* Provided artistic and graphic design services for clients, developing character model sheets for comic artists and costume designers, and designed logos for Lucky 8 Designs
* Created animated advertisements for mobile phone games focusing heavily on character animation
* Working knowledge of 3D modelling and animation software including Autodesk Maya, Mudbox, and zBrush
* Working knowledge of Adobe software including Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Flash, Premiere Pro, and Illustrator
* Able to work with other animation software including Flipbook and Toonboom
* References available upon request
My name is Alex Henderson, I'm a freelance animator/concept artist from Ontario, Canada. I am a graduate from Sheridan College's Bachelor of Arts in Animation program, with credits in film, television, and advertising.
Recently I've worked as an animator at DHX Media, and a director on award winning independent productions such as Breathing Space and The Rhino and the Redbill. Now a days I specialise in blending hand-drawn animation with CGI to create a unique style that is both efficient and cost-effective, making it accessible for small businesses to purchase their own animated media.
On this site you will find samples of my work, as well as commission information should you be interested in buying work from me. Thanks for taking the time to visit, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions or requests.